You’ve suffered with severe arthritis of the knee (osteoarthritis) for years and you’ve tried all the non-operative methods. Getting out of bed in the morning or walking up the stairs is becoming more and more painful. But a total knee replacement is major surgery with possible complications, extended hospital stays and lengthy recovery.
So, if you had your knee replacement surgery tomorrow, how could you be dancing again and sleeping pain-free next month?
If you are 100% committed to walking again and eliminating your knee stiffness, a revolutionary, new method could be your solution to chronic knee pain and rapid recovery. But is it safe? How soon will I be back to my routine? Will it work for an older person like me?
Faster Knee Replacement for the 21st Century
Times are changing and modern medicine needs to evolve with it. That’s what motivated two nationally recognized orthopedic experts to create The SwiftPath Method™ and improve existing methods to provide state-of-the-art joint replacement. Now, candidates for knee replacements can expect less complications, speedier recoveries and less postoperative pain.
According to the SwiftPath website, “The SwiftPath Method™ represents the safest and most comprehensive program to execute outpatient and enhanced recovery joint replacement from beginning to end.”
The program is based on the following approach:
- Educating patients about their surgery and recovery
- Training surgeons to improve their skills and patient care
- Using advanced minimally-invasive surgical (MIS) techniques
- Reducing narcotic use while providing improved pain management
- Getting patients moving as soon as possible after surgery
When can I throw away my cane after my knee replacement surgery?
It may sound too good to be true, but there are convincing reasons to believe that you, like many other successful candidates, can be back to your routine and daily activities in only 3 to 4 weeks:
- Minimally invasive surgical techniques mean smaller incisions, less soft tissue damage and less pain so you can recover faster
- Patients are carefully evaluated to minimize complications and then sufficiently educated to be actively involved and committed to their recovery
- Early mobilization after surgery means the sooner you’re moving, the faster you’ll recover
Your recovery will be based on the effort you make to optimize your health before surgery, educate yourself about your care, and mobilize yourself after surgery.
Can older folks have total knee recovery like this?
You need to prove yourself a quality candidate to be accepted to the SwiftPath Method. The success of your knee replacement surgery depends on your active participation.
Some factors that make you a suitable candidate include:
- Your overall health – what is your BMI (body-mass-index)?
- Your lifestyle – if you smoke, are you willing to quit?
- Your attitude toward your postoperative care – what is your level of commitment?
What are you willing to do to resume the activities you love? Like playing with your grandchildren? Riding your bike? Perfecting your golf swing? Or just putting on your socks?
Get Back to Doing the Things You Love
A total knee (or hip) replacement surgery with the SwiftPath Method can end your chronic pain with a minimal amount of recovery time. You deserve the safest and most effective joint replacement by a specially trained surgeon using the most advanced surgical techniques and engaging patient experience.
Schedule your assessment for the SwiftPath Method at BBJP Orthopedics and get walking, bending and dancing down the road to a pain-free life today.
Do you have questions about the SwiftPath Method? If you have experienced the SwiftPath Method do you have any advice to give to potential patients? Send us your comments!