Sidelined. A few games ago you injured your knee and it’s still killing you. You’ve been in pain for far too long. You’ve tried anti-inflammatories, but they aren’t enough. Surgery may be an option, but ONLY if that’s necessary.
You want to get back in the game this season. Wouldn’t it be awesome if there was a quick fix that could actually regenerate your knee?
The good news is there is. Your knee can be back to normal in a few weeks.
What is going to end my pain?
Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP) therapy.
- PRP therapy started almost 30 years ago.
- PRP therapy has been used in many fields including; orthopedics, sports medicine, and even heart surgery.
- It’s simple, safe and even has minimal side-effects.
- It uses your body’s own healing factors and delivers them to where you need it.
- The process can be done in a doctor’s office and takes less than an hour!
If this sounds too good to be true, let’s explain a little how it works.
How does PRP Therapy regenerate your knee?
- A small amount of your own blood is withdrawn
- The platelets are then concentrated in a centrifuge
- Within minutes, the now platelet-rich plasma is injected precisely into the damaged area
The platelets in your blood are essential for blood clotting. Medicine has also discovered is that platelets heal in an amazing way. Because joints and tendons have much fewer blood vessels than other tissues, they don’t heal the same way. PRP therapy uses the natural healing properties of platelets on areas that have little access to them.
What can I expect?
- After the initial injection, the area will be numb for about an hour
- There will be some stiffness for a few days
- For some, they may even feel more pain during this period than they had before
- Use ice, and stay away from those anti-inflammatories for a month (it works against what the platelets are trying to do here)
- In a week or two you will be doing physical therapy, under your doctor’s supervision
- At the 6 week mark, you will go back to the doctor and may need another treatment
- Depending on the severity of the injury, most PRP therapy treatments take 1-3 injections
Be Back in the Game before the End of the Season!
This is a dream come true! You can stop taking the meds, get a quick shot and be back on your feet. Don’t you love the idea that your body is going to be healing itself? Plus, you don’t have to go through surgery and its long recovery. Life’s too short for that. Heck, the season is too short for that.
Why are you still just watching the game?
Book your appointment with one of the Joint Specialists at the Bellevue Bone and Joint Physicians today! They will make your knee as good as new and get you back in the game.