Alan Brown, MD
Dr. Alan Brown received his undergraduate degree from the University of Utah, and then completed medical school in Ann Arbor at the University of Michigan. He remained at the University of Michigan Hospitals for his residency and then moved to Washington practicing at Valley Hospital and in Kent. After two years of private practice in Washington as an orthopedic physician, Dr. Brown returned to the University of Michigan’s law school. During law school he continued to practice orthopedic surgery near Ann Arbor and in 1994, Dr. Brown served under Congressman Sander Levin as a Congressional Fellow in Washington D.C. working on health care reform.
- University of Michigan Men’s Gymnastics Team Physician.
- Served as one of the two event physicians for Gymnastics during the Atlanta Olympic Games.
- Completed the San Francisco Spine Institute spine surgery fellowship in 1999.
- Has completed training in minimally-invasive techniques and disc replacement surgery.
- Maintains a special focus in the comprehensive treatment of disorders of the cervical, thoracic and lumbar spine.
In addition to pursuing excellence as a surgeon at Bellevue Bone and Joint Physicians, Alan Brown MD, JD is also an active member of the Utah Bar Association. With these dual degrees, Alan Brown MD is able to combine excellence in health care with an expert knowledge of the medical legal system. If you are looking for a great orthopedic surgeon, Bellevue doctor Alan Brown MD is the one to see. Specializing in health law, he focuses his legal practice on hospital and health insurance fairness. He also is a licensed floatplane pilot, a certified ski instructor, and has many other personal interests.